To book this one please head to the link below, to book directly with Kate from Northumbrian Flowes:
Date: Saturday 4th July
After a meeting with the venue – Battlesteads, Kate the florist and myself are super pleased to say these will be going ahead
There are some changes to the details
1) arrival time now to be 10.30 am with tour at 11am and workshop commencing 11.30am
2) under current guidelines each guest will be seated individually and 2 mtr apart from the next guest
3) There will be sanitising stations throughout the venue, please note the venue will not be open to the public during the daytime.
4) Please bring your face covering
5) The lite-bites lunch will be cold and prepared in advance on the morning of the event, it is of utmost importance that you state any dietary requirements at the time of making this booking as it will not be possible to make alternative options on the day.
6) The flower plot is a working environment so you will be required to wear flat comfortable shoes, the pathways are uneven although we do try make them as level as possible. There are steps and gates from the venue to the flower plot at the rear, if you have mobility restrictions please do let me know before making your booking so that we can discuss the accessibility and how we can manage your needs to ensure you are able to enjoy the event as much as possible.
Numbers: Max 12
Katie Burns is a freelance surface print designer who creates prints for textiles and paper using her hand painted artworks. Three years ago Katie began to share her love for inks and the joy and relaxation that comes from the process of painting with the medium. Inks are a water based medium and are great fun to work with, as you paint with them you can watch the colours bleed together on the page, which in itself is a therapeutic process.
During the workshop you will be shown how to work with the medium and explore various techniques to achieve both an abstract look as well as a more controlled painted version of the flowers in front of you.
This workshop is for everyone, from keen painters to complete beginners, it’s all about giving it a go and enjoying the process.
The workshop starts with you joining Kate on a mini tour of my plot at the rear of The Battlesteads Hotel, where she will help you select and pick the best 5 sweet pea blooms and a touch of foliage. On returning to the light sunny conservatory of The Battlesteads where I (Katie) will demonstrate and help you start your own piece, Kate will be on hand to assist me and to answer any questions you may have about her life as a flower farmer and florist.
The painting practical will last for around 2 hours and at the end you’ll have a beautiful small painting to take home
Places will be restricted to a maximum of 12 but also require a minimum of 6 to attend.
All paints and materials
An A4 step by step painting guide - created by Katie
A selection of blooms which you also take home with you
Your own painting
Light-bites lunch and a glass of fizz or a non-alcoholic cocktail
Please advise of any dietary requirements at the time of booking
Cost per person £70.00